DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
This position is responsible for the performance and leadership of all aspects of manufacturing. The Production Manager will ensure their team is meeting or exceeding key targeted performance metrics related to safety, quality, delivery, cost and continuous improvement. As a key individual on the management team, the Production Manager must have excellent communication and team building skills including the ability to build trust, manage conflict, make commitments, be accountable to management and their peers and be goal/results oriented.
- Champion and deliver performance in production relative to key metrics; safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Recruit and retain production staff, production Leads and support staff (Mfg engr, scheduling, etc).
- Review and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems.
- Identify, implement and improve processes to exceed our customer’s expectation.
- Coordinate with Director of Operations, Customer Service Managers and others to develop production schedule/forecast and insure the schedule is communicated and executed on the production floor.
- Provide leadership in team building, operational excellence, and lean manufacturing.
- Develop, train and mentor all direct reports
- Build deep cross-functional manufacturing teams capable of meeting changing customer demands.
- Eliminate waste throughout the shop floor utilizing Lean Mfg philosophies.
- Effectively resolve team member’s issues in coordination with Human Resources (as necessary).
- Coordinate Engineering activities and product changes that affect the shop floor.
- Evaluate the capabilities of Production personnel, provide leadership, and provide/coordinate education and training to keep personnel focused on continuously improving
- Assure compliance to the highest level in terms of safety, environmental, legal, and housekeeping matters.
- Maintain compliance to current ISO standards and customer specific requirements as applicable
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules, metrics and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the organization.
Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements.
Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers, functional peer managers, as well as senior management. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- · Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related field.
- 8+ years of manufacturing management experience, preferably in an electronic environment